Vectera has a very strong focus on R&D. Big and small improvements are released on a regular basis. A chronological list of new features and improvements can be found here. Infrastructure updates take a considerable amount of time but these are only mentioned if you will notice them.
Big updates are covered on the blog. Questions or suggestions? We really listen to your feedback on chat or firstname.lastname@example.org
27 March 2020
We've added some extra options to everyone's account to counter the Covid-19 virus, updated the help center and made some small improvements:
- 100 members per team: Until June 1st, every team can add up to 100 team members to their team. All new team members can create their own meeting rooms and make an own booking page. The cloud storage per team is now 200GB. If you have any questions about this, contact us on the chat or at email@example.com
- Hide team members for non-admin users: It's possible to hide other team members for non-admin users in your team settings.
- New help center structure: All languages are now shown on different pages, meaning that we had to change the Dutch articles to a different page (you can find them at this page). At the right top of every page you can change the language of the help environment or the article.
- Spanish articles in the help center: you can find the Spanish articles at https://help.vectera.com/es/
16 March 2020
The Corona virus affects all of us. To help you stay connected with your clients, colleagues, family or friends the Vectera team has decided to make our software free and public to everyone until 1st June 2020. Read more about it in this blogpost!
09 March 2020
A few extra updates following the big update from last week.
- Team and account settings in subpages: As some people had trouble finding the team settings, we decided to reorganize the menu in the dashboard. Team settings, Team members and subscription can be found below settings in subpages on team level. Integrations and profile settings can be found below settings on account level.
- Optional to toggle on/off database search in invitations: In Team settings, you can toggle on/off the option to search members of the entire database or team members only. This will influence what you see when inviting team members and when you invite guests to have all-time access in a meeting room.
- Immediate redirect after booking a meeting: Per appointment type, you can decide whether the Vectera confirmation should show before the redirect or the redirect should happen immediately.
03 March 2020
We did a revamp of the dashboard to make it look fresh and even more accessible. Along with the revamp we made some small improvements in the dashboard and meeting rooms on mobile!
- Dashboard revamp: The layout of the dashboard received an update! What do you think? To edit your profile and/or log out of your account (no reason to really), you can navigate to the bottom left corner of your dashboard.
- Invite team members with one link: You can invite new team members by creating one link which will give them the possibility to join your team.
- Add Powered by Vectera to meeting rooms and booking pages: If you have a custom logo it's possible to add 'Powered by Vectera' to your meeting rooms and booking pages. It will show on the bottom left of your welcome screen and below the appointment types on your bookings pages. Activate this in your Team management settings.
- Custom cname redirect: Redirect your meet.mydomain.com to any page you want. Activate this in your Team management settings by filling in the redirect box below your custom domain.
- Copy booking page links easily: On your scheduling page in your profile, you can now copy the link of the booking page of one appointment by clicking the 'Copy link' box. No need to go the appointment type anymore.
- Allow clients to enter the meeting room when you're hosting the meeting room on your smartphone: As a host of the meeting room, it's now possible to let guests enter while being on mobile. There's no need for a desktop or tablet device to accept your guests in the meeting room.
- Invite improvement: We made it easier to invite guests to have all-time access. Just type the email address and click the invite button.
- Custom logo and welcome screen settings have been moved to Team management. These apply to all members in your team, so you only need to configure it once!
- Camera and microphone options will only show once in the meeting room settings. It used to happen that the same camera or microphone showed multiple times in the list of available cameras and microphones. It will only show once from now on.
21 February 2020
- Payment integration: You can integrate your Stripe account in Vectera to make appointment types required for payment. In this help article you can read how to integrate Stripe in Vectera.
- New message in Safari: A message has been added to the welcoming screen of meeting rooms in Safari, that share screen is not possible while using Safari as browser. We recommend you to use Chrome or Firefox.
10 February 2020
Start sharing the Vectera vibes with our referral program!
- The referral program is active: sign up at https://get.vectera.com/ to join the program! Soon it will be added into the Vectera dashboard.
- Invite team members in trial: You can invite up to 10 team members while being in a trial period.
20 January 2020
- German on booking pages: your clients can now select German as their language when booking an appointment with you. The language is automatically selected by your browser's language, but can be adjusted.
14 January 2020
2 Updates regarding customization:
- Editable email templates: You can edit the email templates with text to make the confirmation mails more customized. Read all about it in this help article.
- The location to change the Logo and Greet image has changed from 'Edit profile' to 'Team management'.
9 January 2020
The first updates of 2020 are live! 2 Big scheduling updates and a few smaller updates to improve the meeting rooms:
- Minimum buffer before booking: It's possible to have same day bookings now. In your appointment types you can set a custom minimum buffer before booking, which means that clients can book a meeting X-hours from now. The default setting 'next working day' is also still possible.
- Allow bookings up to x-days in the future: You can define a range for booking an appointment of a specific type between now and 90 days.
- Booking start- and end date: If you want an Appointment type only to be bookable in a specific period, then you can choose a start and end date where clients can book a meeting. In this help article you can find more information on the scheduling updates!
- Private notes are hidden in a recording: If you have activated private notes and start a recording, the notes will be hidden. You can make it visible again but then it will also show in the recording.
- A microphone icon shows green when the guests' microphone is active or red if inactive.
24 December 2019
Last product update of 2019! And we have some exciting new updates and features to share:
- Rework of our scheduling engine to allow team scheduling (coming up early 2020!) and more exciting scheduling features. All Google, Outlook and Office 365 users will be required to reconnect their calendar to Vectera by the end of January.
- French on booking pages: your clients can now select French as their language when booking an appointment with you. The language is automatically selected by your browser's language, but can be adjusted.
- Additional storage is available! Head over to vectera.com/pricing if you're in need of additional storage to upload files or recordings in your meetings rooms.
- Pricing update: we've put a lot of thought into simplifying our pricing structure. Integrations, recordings and presenter mode are now included into your subscription by default without additional fees. This will be adjusted automatically in your next billing cycle.
10 December 2019
As widely requested we are looking into improvements for the scheduler. The first part of those improvements are ready and active. More updates on the scheduler will come soon!
- Cname scheduling: The link to your booking page is now automatically customized like your custom domain. Instead of Vectera.com/book/... it will show as meet.mydomain.com/book/public-key.
- Meetings on location: When a client visits your booking page, the location of your offline meetings will be visible on the scheduling interface.
- Client email customization: When a client books a meeting (s)he will receive the confirmation mail from 'your name' with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject doesn't show Vectera anymore and a reply will be sent to your email address instead of Vectera.
- Upload big files: It's now possible to upload files that are bigger than 20MB! When you upload a big file in the meeting room and minimize it, new guests will not see the preview of the whiteboard and will have to click on the whiteboard to download its content.
- Text on buttons are now lowercase and have a medium weight.
29 November 2019
A few great improvements including the much requested split screen video have been released. The team has been working a lot on some big features in parallel, big update coming up mid December!
- Split screen video: Click on your video tile to have a "splitscreen" mode: you'll be able to view yourself AND the other participant of choice in equal size, perfect for eg recorded interviews.
- Better appointment titles: [online], [offline], [phone] was added before the appointment title so you'll see at a glance whether you should clean a mug for your visitor or activate your webcam.
- Whiteboards are now default in landscape, which makes the drawing surface a lot larger for regular widescreen displays.
- Intelligent suggestions for fixing Camera issues: Having troubles to activate the camera? There could be all sorts of issues: used by another application, not activated, not permitted or even taped off...Vectera shows better suggestions when things don't work as planned.
- Major mobile update: All shared content (whiteboards, screensharing, cobrowsing) is now visible on mobile devices. Same one-link click action to join meeting rooms. What's more: Buttons disappear automatically after inactivity for optimal use of every pixel on your mobile device. The video tile can be dragged around when content is shown to make sure it's not hovering over your most crucial numbers on your content.
- Setting your availability on mobile just got easier! You can now set your availability for multiple timeslots with a simple touch
- Scheduling: phone call option: Allow clients to book a simple phone call with you. You might give clients the opportunity to do a quick phonecall with you instead of a full videocall. Enable this phonecall option from the 'appointment type' settings.
- Scheduling: Book a meeting with yourself at any moment: as an admin, you can overrule the available timeslots and book a meeting at any time to be able to generate a meeting room.
- Scheduling: Timeslots can now start every 10/15/20/30/45/60 minutes depending on your preference. Eg if you have a meeting duration of 15 minutes - you can allow the meeting to start every 15 minutes instead of the default of 30 minutes.
- Meeting name "book" has been disabled as a first step for having booking links on the custom domain.
- Recording file length increased to 2 hours instead of 1 hour to cope with longer meetings. If meetings take longer than 2 hours, a separate file will be created.
- Release of CNAME custom domain in beta. The custom domain allows you have eg: meet.yourdomain.com/yourname. All other references to Vectera (logo, name, links) have been removed or altered. The current setup works but requires some technical knowledge in generating an SSL certificate. The next iteration will have automatic SSL generation.
- AM/PM versus 24h time notation: Automatic switching between 12 hour and 24 hour format based on the browser location and time preferences.
- Custom redirect after booking: Set up a custom redirect url to automatically redirect after booking. The redirect will happen automatically.
- Private notes are disabled during recordings: To make sure you don't see things you would not want to share on your recordings, private notes are disabled when recordings are running.
- The greeting screen was updated to become more in line with the main stylesheet. A new greeting image was added to make the greeting screen more professional looking while still creative and appealing.
- Logo surface improvements: The logo on the top left corner on the booking pages is bigger -> more focus on your brand!
- Recording improvement: auto download to "downloads" folder after you stop the recording or leave the meeting room (when you're the host)
- Better long distance connections: By reducing the queue of websocket messages, connections start faster and the "connecting" spinner is shown less frequently.
- Be able to remove appointment types
- Be able to fully remove meeting rooms. Meeting rooms that were used for appointments will not be accessible again.
While working on CNAME custom domain and custom emails, some smaller urgent fixes
- Don't send signup invitation after you invite someone from the meeting room.
- Don't show infinite overlay while recording for better recording results.
- Change text "video meeting" to "online meeting" to prevent confusion for participants that join with audio-only
- Sort appointment types alphabetically on the booking page
- SalesFlare integration is here!
- Pooled storage: All meeting storage is pooled for the entire organisation.
- More colors for the whiteboards
- Notification if someone changes the video to audio only (so you won't be surprised that video is disabled)
- Better handling of failing microphones
- Improved knock screen with login link
- Update TURN server infrastructure for better global connections with restrictive firewalls.
- Allow booking page parameters: https://www.vectera.com/book/oliververstraeten/ererg/?firstName=Thomas&lastName=Vandeuremail@example.com&company=Door2door&phone=093120037 will fill in the details for the appointment automatically.
- Improved tooltips (from tooltip.io)
- Fix dashboard menu not visible on mobile
- Improve labels for joining meeting room
- Improve text for pricing
- [Major update] Team management: Growing team and need more licences? We got you covered: you can now easily invite new team members to your Organization. Check out https://www.vectera.com/organization/ to learn more. This update is the foundation of many more exciting new features that will ease the life of managing a team (such as consistent brand appearance, appointment types, group scheduling etc)
- Spanish translations: Connect with your clients in Spanish. Bookings + meetings now support Spanish!
- Vectera on mobile devices, now better than ever: Vectera is now mobile ready (again), so don't hesitate to join a meeting with your smartphone! We'll add more improvements for mobile experiences in the near future.
- More stable connection quality indicator: The network quality detection algorithm has been fine tuned to give more accurate results. Don't shoot the messenger!
- Infinity mirror tweaks: Sharing your own screen gives the inevitable "infinity mirror effect": you see your own screen shared which is in turn shared etc. We improved the overlay to make sure you can still see what is being shared without the fuzzy look.
- Improved joining process text: Join without sharing => Join without sharing audio / video is more clear.
- Custom invite message: When you invite someone to a meeting room, you can now customise the message you send along with the meeting room URL. Give it a try by clicking the Invite button in a meeting room!
- Translations have landed! All public scheduling pages are now available in two languages: English and Dutch. More languages coming soon.
- Need help or got questions? Visit help.vectera.com for practical how-to's and best practices of Vectera.
- Upgrade for testing devices: a better progress bar when you test your speaker (available in Google Chrome)
- Custom background in the waiting screen: you can customise the background of the waiting screen. Visit your profile to upload a nice, capturing image! Available in the White Label add-on or during a free trial.
- Improved pricing page & signup flow: The signup flow and pricing page is more intuitive and allows you to set up Vectera according to your (organisation) needs.
- Updated whiteboard limit: Add as much whiteboards and files as your system (and the other participant's system) can handle. The hard limit on the number of files was removed and only warning will be shown when uploading more files/whiteboards.
- Improved whiteboard tools: The whiteboard tools menu is improved: Thanks to client feedback, we discovered that the tool option menu was hard to find. The tool menu is now included on the tool itself, similar to the experience you might expect from other graphical software. Next, there is better color indication so you know which color is used when you start drawing.
- Remember audio/video preferences: When multiple audio/video sources are connected, the most (recently) used source will be shown.
- Scheduling-reminders: Your meeting invitee get a reminder for an upcoming appointment in order to decrease the level of no-shows. You can set up the number of minutes before the reminder must be shown.
- Scheduling-location: Add your adress info and this will automatically be added to the "location" info in meeting invites.
- Better view on used storage on the dashboard
- Scheduling-logo clickable: The top left logo is now clickable
- Various landing page improvements
- Plan new meetings from the dashboard: Click on "plan new meeting" if you would like to plan a new meeting in the name of a client.
- Various landing page improvements
- Scheduling - custom questions: Ever wanted to ask the number of employees, the type of accounting software they use? You can add custom questions now for the meeting scheduling.
- Improved audio handling for participants who join meeting rooms.
- Picture - in - picture: When you are sharing your screen, the video will pop out of the Vectera screen. The video windows can be moved around your window for your convenience and will stay on top of all windows to make sure you see the person who you are talking to.
- Meeting room onboarding: The very first time you open a meeting room after signing up, a new "onboarding tutorial" is shown to get you started with the interface faster.
- Test Audio/Video integrated in the meeting interface: Very, very practical for immediat e troubleshooting: You can now test your audio/video within the meeting room itself. Less fuss, better meetings!
- Improved Teamleader sync: special characters are handled and phone number validation is taken care of before sending the phone number to Teamleader
- Login page design is aligned with signup page
- Better monitoring for websockets
- Screenshare infinite mirror effect overlay: When you return to Vectera while sharing a full screen, the screen of Vectera is shared again and creates an infinite loop of 'mirror windows'. This effect is compensated with an overlay.
- Desktop notifications: When someone wants to join your meeting room and you are not actively looking at the browser tab where the meeting room is open, a desktop notification will be shown.
- Scheduling - confirmation mail whitelabeling: Emails to clients with confirmed events are now whitelabeled - if you have the whitelabel option.
- Better browser detection before joining the conversation: When joining a conversation from the waiting screen, the browser is detected. If a non-supported browser is detected, a suggestion for another browser will be shown.
- Recording: Cloud space usage is shown in the interface
- Microphone and speaker: When a new microphone/speaker is connected, a notification appears with the question to switch to the newly connected device
- Blog: What is new page is updated
- Chat: Notification in the chat if you are the only person in the meeting
- Light interface is here! A complete make over of the entire meeting experience. Read more on the blog about the big update : https://blog.vectera.com/new-interface
- Teamleader integration: A new contact and/or deal is automagically created when a new appointment is planned. More information + setup in this blogpost
- When someone joins your meeting room, a sound will play and you'll be asked whether to accept or to decline the person.